15 Best Happy Independence Day Memes To Share On 15th August!
India’s freedom struggle dates back to the year 1857 when Indian soldiers in the British army started the ‘first war of Independence.’ Many Indian rulers locked horns with the East India Company after which the British government took control of the administration from East India Company. Today, we are going to share the important timeline of India’s struggle for Independence. Later we will be sharing the best Independence Day Memes to share with your friends.
The timeline Of India’s struggle for Independence:
- 1857: The first large scale rebellion against the British Rule. Inspired future generations to fight for independence.
- 1867: Dadabhai Naoroji founded the East India Association and Surendranath Banerjee formed the Indian National Association in 1876.
- 1885: Formation of Indian National Congress. Many questioned the moderate leaders of INC and devised a more radical approach in dealing with the British. Socio-religious groups like Brahmo Samaj and Arya Samaj created awareness among the masses. Works of Swami Vivekananda, Rabindranath Tagore, V. O. Chidambaram Pillai, and Subramanya Bharathy created a sense of nationalism.
- 1886: Syed Ahmed Khan founded the All India Muhammadan Educational Conference. In 1906, its members decided to form a political party called the ‘All India Muslim League.’
- 1905: The partition of Bengal was brought by Lord Curzon to play divide-and-rule policy due to rising nationalism among Hindus and Muslims.
- 1907: The rise of the Swadeshi Movement advocated by Lal-Bal-Pal referred to Lala Lajpat Rai, Bal Gangadhar Tilak, and Bipin Chandra Pal. The trio was expelled from Congress.
- 1915: Mahatma Gandhi returned to India as an international reputation of theorist, nationalist, and community organizer.
- 1917-1920: Gandhi established Satyagraha Ashram and led a Satyagraha campaign in 1917. In the next three years, Gandhi led many non-violent protests.
- 1918: India had sent over 1 million soldiers to fight in the First World War since the British government had promised special benefits to India in return for their support during the First World War.
- 1919: When General Reginald Dyer ordered to shoot at a peaceful gathering of men, women, and children, it sent shockwaves across the nation. Mahatma Gandhi led the biggest Satyagraha movement ‘The Non-Cooperation Movement’ from 1920 to 1922. The Chauri-Chaura incident in Gorakhpur marked the end of the Non-Cooperation Movement.
- 1925: Hindustan Socialist Republican Army was established in 1928 at Feroz Shah Kotla in New Delhi by Chandrasekhar Azad, Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev Thapar, and others but had started operating from 1925.
- 1939: British India officially declared war on Nazi Germany. At the height of World War II, more than 2.5 million Indian troops were fighting Axis forces around the world.
- 1942: The formation of Azad Hind Fauj by Indian nationalist Rash Behari Bose which was revived by Subhas Chandra Bose in a year later. The Quit India Movement was started in the Bombay session of the All-India Congress Committee by Mahatma Gandhi which was called off when the British released 1,00,000 political prisoners and gave away hints of complete power transfer to people of India.
- 1946: The independence cum partition proposal offered by the British Cabinet Mission was accepted by the Congress.
- 1947: The British Parliament passed the famous Indian Independence Act 1947, and on August 14, Pakistan was declared a free nation. On 15th August, India became a democratic nation.
In Video: Memorable Quotes By Indian Leaders.
Here are the Best Independence Day Memes which you can share on 15th August:
1. Independence Day For Married Ones?
2. Independence Day Is Incomplete Without These Movies On Zee Cinema.
3. When We Talk About Pakistan.
4. Every Country Deserves A Gift On Its Independence Day Even Though They Are Your Neighbours.
5. Sad Reality In A Parent’s Life.
6. Freedom From Poverty.
7. Akshay Kumar: The Flag Bearer Of Patriotism.
For More Funny Memes: Download Manch App.
8. Friendzone Boys On 15th August:
9. Indians To PM Narendra Modi:
10. If You Want To Listen To PM’s Speech.
11. Bhakti Waale Post Zaroori Hai Kya?
12. Getting Ready For Independence Day Function.
13. Jinnah: The hacker Bouy.
14. News: Abhinandan Varthaman to be conferred with Vir Chakra.
Others Are Also Reading:
- Top 20 Memes After Amit Shah Proposes Scrapping of Article 370.
- Top 15 #PKMKB Memes On Internet After Pakistan Snaps Diplomatic Ties.
- How Did Pakistan React To Abrogation of Article 370?
15. Remember School Days?
Found these Independence Memes on 15th August funny? Then we would like you to share it with your friends.